Nancy and I hiked Mount Katahdin, the highest mountain in Maine. It was worth the drive, challenge and view.
First, we hiked in on the Roaring Spring trail to the trailheads. We then rock climbed up the Cathedral Trail to Baxter Peak, sat (dazed) for about 15-20 minutes and headed back down the Saddle Trail. Going up was tough, probably took us about 2 hours on Cathedral and then 2 hours back down the Saddle Trail. Hiking in and out on Roaring Spring took us around 1.5-2 hours long. The main trailheads were INTENSE.
Here are some number about the hike:
- 5,200 feet above sea level
- 4,200 calories burned just by Nancy
- 8 miles
- 8 hours of hiking
- 1 blister
- 1 lunc hoagie
- 2 post-hike chocolate milkshakes
- 2 pairs of boots with the soles demolished
- 15 hour car ride from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 awesome view